the last sunset


ENGLISH below
The last sunset
The day was almost over. My boss had kept me longer in the office. My only thought was to get home to see the last sunset with her. I could do it, I had to! The rose on the dashboard suffered the wait from the morning and so did I. Despite the age, my old car ran fast on the highway. It could not stop, it did not have to. I looked at the sun in the mirror flushing and going down fast, too fast. - Wait! - I cried. But he did not listen to me. He kept going on his journey, he did not care of me. Not even of the others like me. We only need a few more minutes to reach happiness. The elevator was broken, the stairs seemed endless. I groaned in the race, those stairs seemed mountains. I grabbed tightly the handrail as I was climbing. The door was closed. - Damn where the key is - the anxiety, the fear of not seeing her face the last time before sunset slowed me down. I went in. I ran into the room where she was patiently waiting for me. It was too late. I only saw a ghost’s shape. The sun had already switched off.

N.G.G. Milan - 16.10.2017/Barcellona - 22.10.2017

Commenti