DIFFERENTLY CLOSE

We are different and we cannot change.
We care a lot but we cannot love each other.
You want a man who makes you happy
With a dinner at the Bilionaire,
who ask to be forgiven a betrayal
with a bouquet of red roses,
who claims to be near you
with a spa day
to you and a friend of yours,
maybe the same one he cheated on you with.
- Asshole! What would you do for me? -
you ask me.
I could only give you my time.
I would make you happy by cooking
My spaghetti with clams
Sometimes a little salty, sometimes bland,
almost always overcooked.
I would forgive myself by drawing a daisy
On a sheet and I would leave it next to the coffee every morning.
I'd stay close to you when you need:
when you have a fever and, as I hope,
when you give birth to ours
Child.
And while the contractions will tighten you
I would take your hand and beg you
Pardon
As I could not be in your place
to sacrifice myself for ours
Future.

14/15-02-2020

Commenti